Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ambitious Beauty Cuties: Mia


Mia is part-photographer, part-fashionista and all style. For her blog Marionette, s
he always finds the most fashion-forward people who aren't afraid to take risks (and I always love that).
This 21-year-old Norwegian takes to the streets for her blog to find serious chicness in models, fashion royalty and everyday glamazons.

1. What inspires you?

It's hard to say one thing that inspires me because I get inspired all the time, every day. It can be a person or something I see. It's all about the feeling I get when I spot an item or a person--a feeling that gets my mind running!

2. What is beautiful to you?

I take photos of what I find beautiful. People expressing happiness, shyness or passion is beautiful. Old people and wisdom is beautiful. Life itself is beautiful. The personality people have given themselves in what they have created is beautiful. The power and massiveness of nature is beautiful. I could continue forever. We are surrounded with so much beauty, which is one of the reasons why I love photography.

3. Why did you want to start a blog?

I started a blog when I lived in Paris for a year and a half. In the beginning, I wasn't that into it until I came home to Norway the next summer, and I wasn't surrounded by the beauty of Paris anymore. People aren't as fashionable in Norway as in Paris, so I started writing on my blog again when I was spending my summer experimenting with styling and photography, as well as getting lost in style.com!

4. How do you choose the people you photograph?

If they've got something I find different and unique. If they stand out in the crowd!

5. Do you have a personal motto?

I don't have one in particular, although a good quote can turn around my day in a heartbeat (check out the label wise words on her blog).

6. What are some of your favorite things?

Some of my favorite things: my Dior bags I got from my mom (my mother used them when she was my age), an ancient silver bracelet I bought in the Atlas Mountains in Morocco, my vintage YSL glasses I bought in Hong Kong and, maybe most important, my camera :)




Enjoy looking and feeling blissfully beautiful.

-MaryAnn

1 comment:

  1. I like the colored tips. That's really cute.

    For more information about Total Beauty Tips click hare.

    ReplyDelete